Kirsten F. Cherry
Director of Information Technology
The Information Technology Department provides technology support services for County departments, Constitutional Offices, and several multi-jurisdictional agencies. Support is provided in a wide variety of areas including:
- Providing hardware and software support for County technology assets including desktop computers, laptop computers, servers, telephones, printers, mobile devices, as well as audio-visual equipment.
- Planning and support for voice and data networks.
- Operational support for existing departmental and enterprise data systems and business processes.
- Project management and support for enterprise and departmental technology initiatives.
- Training end users for a variety of applications and systems that are part of the County technology infrastructure.
- Ensuring continuity of technology operations in the event of natural or man made disasters.
- Strategic planning for applying technology in a manner that will meet the current and future needs of Prince George County.
- Ensure a level of support to allow County departments and offices to provide high quality services to the citizens and businesses in Prince George County.
- Ensure County technology expenditures are made in such a way as to provide maximum value to the taxpayers.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and methodologies in an effort to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and reliability of County services.
- Ensure the work performed by the Information Technology Department aligns with the business vision and goals set forth by the County Board of Supervisors and executive management.
County Vision Statement
Prince George County....A global community where families thrive and businesses prosper.